Gluteal Fat Transfer
GLUTEAL FAT TRANSFER
8 AMA/PRA Category 1™ Credits
Gluteal augmentation has been gaining popularity in the US due to lifestyle and fashion trends that emphasize the sex appeal and the allure of the derriere. The use of autologous fat for soft tissue gluteal augmentation stems from the successful use of fat in many areas of the body. Enriching fat grafts with adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells in a procedure known as cell-assisted lipotransfer has been shown to increase fat graft survival and volume retention by 30%.
Target Audience: Physicians
Course Prerequisites: Successful completion of Stem Cell Harvesting & Isolation Techniques and evidence of experience in liposculpture.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss indications, contraindications, patient selection, pre and post treatment instructions, and treatment alternatives for autologous cell-assisted gluteal augmentation
- Analyze anatomy for appropriate areas for gluteal augmentation
- Review injection techniques for autologous fat transfer to the buttocks
- Understand anesthetic techniques
- Prevent and manage autologous gluteal augmentation complications
- Learn methods diagnose, evaluate, and perform tendon and joint injections with PRP and adipose-derived stem cells.
PROGRAM AGENDA:Topics Discussed:
- Overview of Gluteal Aesthetics
- Gluteal Anatomy Review
- Gluteal Lipotransfer Injection Techniques
- Cell-Assisted Gluteal Augmentation Experience
- Fat Harvesting Techniques